Cheap driving lessons in Slough, Berkshire, SL1/SL2/SL3... 50% OFF your Slough Driving Lesson
Book your £11.45 driving lesson in Slough today!
Save £££'s with one of the best Slough driving schools for regular driving lessons, guaranteed pass driving courses, residential intensive crash courses, manual & automatic cars,
male & female driving instructors', beginner driving lessons, nervous pupils welcome, one to one tuition, door to door service, block booking discounts, Eco-Safe driving skills, night-time driving lessons, Pass Plus courses, refresher driving courses & driving instructor training.
The History of Slough
(Slough, Berkshire, Middlesex, SL1/SL2/SL)
Slough is a large town in Berkshire, England, on the western fringes of the Greater London Urban Area, 20 miles (32 km) west of
central London, 3 miles (5 km) north of Windsor, 6 miles (10 km) east of Maidenhead, 12 miles (19 km) south-east of High Wycombe and 20 miles (32 km) north-east of
Reading. Sitting at the gateway between the Thames Valley and London and at the intersection of the M4, M40 and M25 motorways, it offers easy road access to the
rest of the UK.
As of 2011 Slough's population was one of the most ethnically diverse in the United Kingdom, with the highest proportion of religious adherents in England.
The town has attracted people from across the country and the world for labour since the 1920s, which has helped shape it into a major trading centre. As of 2017
unemployment stood at 1.4%, circa one-third the UK average of 4.5%.
Slough has the highest concentration of global corporate HQs outside London. The Slough Trading Estate is the largest industrial estate in single private ownership
in Europe. Blackberry, McAfee, Burger King and Lego have head offices in the town. The Slough Trading Estate provides over 17,000 jobs in 400 businesses. Slough
has the second highest gross value added per worker of cities in UK.
Slough is near London, Heathrow Airport, Uxbridge, Maidenhead and Staines and the town is a travel hub. Many people from Slough work in nearby towns and cities such
as Windsor, Reading, London and Bracknell, and there are large passenger movements in the morning and evening rush hours. Road transport in Slough includes:
- Within Slough: Buses (First Berkshire, Arriva, Redline & Carousel (only Sundays)), taxis, minicabs and private cars on roads are also used.
- To Heathrow Airport: First Berkshire & The Thames Valley bus routes 75, 76, 77 and 78 serve Slough town centre, Langley and Heathrow Airport. First also run
bus routes 71 (via Windsor, Egham & Staines-upon-Thames) and 60/61 (via Datchet, Horton & Wraysbury) to Heathrow Terminal 5. Taxis and minicabs are also
available at a higher cost.
- To London: Buses and Greenline coaches are available, but rail is more generally used as express trains connect Slough to London Paddington in 20 minutes.
- To Birmingham: Bharat Coaches provide services from Southall to Birmingham/Wolverhampton/Coventry/Leeds via Slough.
- Slough is near the M4 junctions 5,6, and 7; and the A4, A355, and A412.