Cheap automatic driving lessons in Greenford, Middlesex, UB6... 50% OFF your Automatic Greenford Driving Lesson
Book your £11.45 driving lesson in Greenford today!
Save £££'s with one of the best Greenford driving schools for regular driving lessons, guaranteed pass driving courses, residential intensive crash courses, manual & automatic cars,
male & female driving instructors', beginner driving lessons, nervous pupils welcome, one to one tuition, door to door service, block booking discounts, Eco-Safe driving skills, night-time driving lessons, Pass Plus courses, refresher driving courses & driving instructor training.
The History of Greenford
(Greenford, UB6, London Borough of Ealing in west London, Greater London)
Greenford is a large suburb in the London Borough of Ealing in west London, UK. It was historically an ancient parish in the former county of Middlesex.
The grounds of the former Ravenor Farm has become Greenford's largest park. It is the venue for the annual Greenford Carnival, which is held every July.
Until 1910, the land that formed Ravenor Farm/Ravenor Park was a detached part of Northolt parish, with the tithes to the land going to St. Mary's Church, Northolt
and not the Greenford parish of Holy Cross.
Five hundred yards north east from William Perkin's dye factory was a triangular field in which he kept horses. On this ground was built the Oldfield Tavern public
house, which became a popular venue for a rock group called the Detours, who met a drummer there called Keith Moon. On Thursday 20 February 1964 they were
introduced to the audience of the Oldfield Tavern as The Who. (The Tavern has not survived, however, and has since been replaced by a small block of flats
and a Texaco petrol station.) Andy Locke, Dave Kerr-Clemenson and Wal Scott were all in Edison Lighthouse, and with chart-topping Love Grows all came from
Greenford has two Non-League football teams London Tigers F.C. who play at the Avenue Park Stadium and North Greenford United F.C. who play at Berkeley Fields.
The trotting track at Greenford was a pioneer speedway venue and open meetings were staged 1928-1930. The track would be called a long track now,
as it was of the order of half a mile/800 metres per lap. The trotting park was situated on what is now Birkbeck Avenue, just north of the A40 Western Avenue.